Creamy Squash, Zucchini, and Kale Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 small red, yellow, and orange peppers chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour (for thickener)
- 2 cups skim milk (if vegan, you could substitute with coconut milk or almond milk)
- 2 vegan low sodium bouillon cubes
- 4 medium yellow squash chopped
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 2 cups Kale
- Fresh Chives
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Light sour cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, garlic and seasonings; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in 2 tbsp wheat flour and continue stirring.
- Add in 2 cups milk and bouillon cube. Stir often. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In batches, puree soup in a blender (do not fill more than halfway) until smooth. Pour back into saucepan. Serve and top with fresh chives, shredded cheddar cheese, and a teaspoon of light sour cream on top!